Congratulations, if you are looking at this web page, there is a good chance you are thinking about selecting surgical technology as a career path for yourself or others. The faculty of the Surgical Technology Program would like to thank you for considering one of the most challenging and rewarding educational opportunities of your life.
This program prepares adult students for employment as Surgical Technologists. The Surgical Technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment needed during surgical procedures. Surgical Technologists are valuable members of the surgical team and function as patient advocates.
This program is CAAHEP accredited and provides the student with classroom, lab and supervised clinical practice. Completion requirements include: successful completion of each course and completion of 120 specific surgical procedures. After passing the national certification exam, graduates may use the CST credential.
Start your future today and welcome to Metro Tech!
Now accepting applications for August 2017
How to apply for the Program
- Application process
- HCC Adult Applicant Selection Criteria
- Pre Requisites for Adult HealthCare Programs
- Online Application for Adult Admission
- Online Adult Application Interview Questions
- Adult Program Employment Reference Form
- Adult Program Validation of Paid Work Experience Form
- Plan to attend a Health Science Information Orientation
- Career Program Prerequisites and Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Surgical Technologist Program Information Guide
- Surgical Technologist Tuition
- Entrance with Advanced Standing
- The Surgical Technologist program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA).
- This is an Acceptance Career Field/Major.
- Positive Placement Rate: 100.0%
- (Positive Placement Rate includes Military, Continuing Education and all Employment, related or not related. The rate information provided below is based on the most current data available.)
- Outcomes Assessment Exam (OAE) pass-rate:88%
- % of Students Passing the NBSTSA Exam: