Some certifications and/or licenses obtained at Metro Technology Centers may be applicable towards an associate’s degree from a community college in Oklahoma.
Changes in College Connection Began August 2015
Spring 2015 co-enrolled students for college credits will continue in Fall 2015 under the same format
- Will continue same curriculum to obtain college credits
- Will stay co-enrolled until career major is completed
- Students are eligible to obtain college credit based on certifications or tests.
PRIOR LEARNING ASSESSMENT (PLA) FOR STUDENTS
- Complete training at Metro Tech.
- Take associated certifications/tests.
- Enroll at community college and complete 12 credit hours.
- Receive college credit based on previous certifications/tests.
- The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education is assessing college credits that might be attained at community colleges in the near future.
The PLA matrix of assessments, credits, and colleges offering credits can be found here.
For additional information please contact: